Configuring NAT Using SDM


Configuring NAT Application SDM

Configuring NAT application the SDM is absolutely abundant easier than anyone would think—let’s booty a

look a the simple wizards Cisco created aural the SDM:

If you accept not been alien to SDM, amuse jump avant-garde to Chapter 12,

and again arch aback actuality to apprehend this section.

Basic NAT Astrologer Use this astrologer if you accept some basal PCs/hosts on your trusted network

that charge admission to the Internet. This astrologer will adviser you through the action of creating a

basic NAT configuration.

Advanced NAT Astrologer If you accept a DMZ, or servers on your central arrangement that users from

the alfresco charge to access, you absolutely appetite to opt for the avant-garde NAT configuration.

The aboriginal awning is the Actualize NAT Agreement screen.

From here, I’ll artlessly affix and actualize a basal NAT. After that, I bang Launch the Selected

Task and go to the abutting screen, which tells me what the Basal NAT Astrologer is activity to do.

As you ability guess, it rocks—all I accept to do is to bang Abutting to get to a awning from which

I’m able to baddest all my central and alfresco addresses.

After allotment my central and alfresco interfaces, I bang Next. A NAT basin is created, and

all my interfaces are assigned central or alfresco configurations, aloof like that!

Finally, I bang Finish. Let’s see what accomplishing that did to my router. Actuality are the interfaces it

configured:

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip abode 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

description Connection to 1242 AP

ip abode 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly

duplex auto

speed auto

!

[output cut]

!

interface Serial0/2/0

description Connection to R3$FW_OUTSIDE$

ip abode 64.1.1.5 255.255.255.252

ip access-group 103 in

ip verify unicast reverse-path

ip nat outside

ip audit SDM_LOW out

ip virtual-reassembly

clock amount 2000000

!

[output cut]

Here is the ip nat central antecedent account it created:

ip nat central antecedent account 2 interface Serial0/2/0 overload

!

[output cut]

And last, actuality is the admission account created for anniversary interface I chose as in central network:

access-list 2 acknowledgment SDM_ACL Category=2

access-list 2 admittance 1.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 2 admittance 10.1.4.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 2 admittance 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 2 admittance 10.1.2.0 0.0.0.255

access-list 2 admittance 10.1.3.0 0.0.0.255

I apperceive I’ve said this over and over in the book, but SDM absolutely is an abundantly advantageous tool

for creating avant-garde configurations such as ACLs, VPNs, and NAT. This is one affair I think

I’ve nailed bottomward for you, and the aftermost two capacity accept absolutely accurate that!